Monday, June 27, 2011

It's time to trust my instincts...close my eyes and leap....

oh gulp!

We are moving back to Connecticut.   Sorry Massachusetts.  You've got some great things going for you, but Southeastern MA is not working for us.  Driving to Waltham or Needham is getting to be old.  An hour and a half each way for a doc's visit, plus waiting room time, all for 10 minutes of a doc's time....I can't do it any longer.  Where we were had closer healthcare.  Still the wait times, etc, but at least a bit closer. 

I had the opportunity for a job, and I took it.  The pay will be enough to get me through, the potential for growth is there, the work/life balance understanding is there, and while I'm terrified out of my mind, I'm doing it.  Because the town has an amazing special ed program....they are supportive, informed, involved and these are just the parents in the special ed PTA!

I put a deposit down on a cute apartment in a safe quiet neighborhood that is across the street from a playground that costs far to much each month, but I will make it happen because he will be safe and happy there.   Of course, we will have the heat on crazy low all winter, but we've got lots of home-made with love wool socks and sweaters :)   I'm also clearly going to have to get in touch with couponing again.  But not to the extreme like those shows.  Those people scare me a tiny bit!!!  :)

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I keep waiting for them to call me and say they've changed their mind, they don't want me...or they can't afford the salary they said.  Or something else to go very VERY wrong. 

I also keep praying I made the right choice, because moving an autistic kid 200 miles is not easy.  All new things are so hard for him!!!!!!!!!!!   I have to be sure this is right for him in the long run, or else I wouldn't do it.  And I'm sure.  At least, I think I'm sure.  Uhhhhh.     No I'm sure, I'm just scared right now.  Really scared.

Endings are sad.  Beginnings are scary.  Just give hope a chance to float up. 

2 comments:

  1. We will be blessed to have you in CT ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Feels a bit like a homecoming...I was there for 12 years, came home to where I grew up, and realized how much I had built a life there for myself that I missed. There are pros and cons to either state I live in, but I don't want the bad things that happen in life to defeat me...I've decided to show my son that he can overcome fear is to simply show him that I can too. It's easy to say, hard to live...so thanks for the support! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feeling tired too? Give us a shout out!