Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We're almost there!

Ok, the truck is booked...the lease is in my email in-box to review and sign, and send the check in....

I've coordinated help with loading and unloading the truck.  I've mentally planned out the layout of the new place.

I've interviewed two daycare providers over the phone, and made plans to go see the house.  Have to call the state and check on their licenses still. 

I faxed the 20 page IEP over, with a note saying we really need to have a PPT, before they just bring it over the same automatically. 

I called the developmental pedi in CT our MA pedi wants us to transfer to.  (10 month waiting list...not that bad actually!!) 

My last day at work is Friday...we move next Saturday.   Somewhere in between I need to pack everything, find time to drive down to CT and become a legal resident (get my license, etc, so we can be enrolled in the schools- did you ever notice that when you are trying to become a resident, the things you must show are the things you are trying to do...ie: in order to get a license, you need proof you live there. you can use school enrollment forms I was helpfully told.  except i can't enroll him in school until i have a license.  what genius came up with that plan?) 

Since we are going to the same general area we were before, I've already got an audiologist lined up...I've got a general pedi...I've got an ENT....we're working our way into the developmental and maybe the Autism Clinic at the major city hospital nearby.....

what am I forgetting? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Ethan's mom Heather (from Hopeful Parents and Ethan's World). I was so excited to find out that you're out there that I had to visit your blog. And you're in the middle of a huge move! You sound like you've got all your ducks in a row, so I guess all I have to say is good luck!! I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Too bad we're not closer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!! I got a chance to check out your blog today...wow!!! So many things in common! I was reading going "YES! me TOO!!!" to so many things with your stories of Ethan.

    Although I was reading an article somewhere (must go research that now, so i can send you the link) that our kiddos are not as rare as we think. Its just that one diagnosis seems to mask the other, and sometimes kiddos get lost.

    I know for me, for the longest time the autism signs I was chalking up to the hearing loss. He hated crowds- oh he just can't hear in crowds so he doesn't like them. He didn't talk- oh he has hearing loss, he'll talk eventually when we get that under control. He has echolalia- Sadly, I was in the midst of a nasty custody dispute, and decided it was a stress reaction to what was going on around him. But it was making me so nervous. I finally got permission for an eval after a court order fight, and that's when the autism came to light.

    I met so many helpful moms in the Deaf/HOH blogging community (have you seen Deaf Village?), and got such a great feedback from them in an old blog. But that blog came up during my custody battle. I was leery of starting another one (the old one got shut down so it wasn't an issue.), but decided the risk was worth it. The info I gain from the community is priceless in helping my son, and me too. I stay away from certain topics as much as I can, and make this all about resources for me and him :)

    I wish we were closer too :( But hey, the internet can at least bring us closer even if not in person!

    ReplyDelete

Feeling tired too? Give us a shout out!