Thursday, August 11, 2011

and a sign from above.....

saw this at work today:

Humility is the ability to wait my turn to speak during a heated discussion, to be at peace when others surpass me in talents and accomplishments, realizing that all good things come from God, to listen with a spirit of objectivity, rather than an “I know it all” attitude, to be content with what I am, but confident that His grace can make me better, to be obedient to those in authority without resentment, to be available to everyone at all times knowing He will make up for what I lack, the desire to please rather than be pleased, and most of all, humility is to believe His revelations, hope in His word, and love Him more than myself- Mother Angelica. 

hmmm.  I think the universe is trying to teach me something from yesterday's posting.  I'm still glad I said something, but these are good words to think about too.  

1 comment:

  1. oh... and another sign from above? the impromptu playdate at the playground when we happened to run into two friends from social skills group...who recognized my guy, and convinced him to stop hiding behind me and come play with them. as if that wasn't good enough, the one who finally talked him into it: about the same place in the spectrum as us, and his babysitter lives across the street from our home daycare provider!!!!!!! it's been a long time coming, and a tough road, but man. life is good now.

    ReplyDelete

Feeling tired too? Give us a shout out!